Friday, July 16, 2010

Here Composts the Bride


Latest Halloween project: an undead bride resting quietly for eternity in her coffin. Suddenly she sits up and practically throws you the bouquet. Fun, eh? I made the coffin from fence boards. The bride's head is a prop readily available on the web and the wedding dress was a 5 dollar garage sale find. The pop up mechanism was made from PVC pipe. A pneumatic cylinder drives the prop.

I have some refinements left. I have to improve the arm/bouquet action. The inside of the coffin will be painted black. A spotlight will turn on when she sits up. She needs a bridal veil. And finally, I have to add sound effects and activate the whole thing from a motion sensor.

I also plan to build a coffin lid that appears to have the groom's head smashed through it and a hand that appears to claw at the ground from underneath the coffin lid.What am I doing here? I need to get busy!

I admit I love testing my props just as people drive by our house. They freak out for a second and then give me a big approving grin. Unless they're on their cellies, and then they never see a thing. As I like to say, "If you're not talking to Jesus, get off the damn phone." You never know what you might miss.
video

No comments: