My beginner's welding class wrapped up last night and although I thought I was pretty much done with my bird at the end of the last class, I was working until clean-up time. I'm satisfied with the result but next time I'll know how to avoid the screw-ups I made on this project. I like the texture I added to the bird to hide the welds. I wish I had had the time to add more. It was a little tedious adding some welds and then grinding them down and then adding more to fill in. If I ever do it again, I'll have it down to a two step process. I didn't want to overdo it since I was winging it. No pun intended.
I thought welding was a blast and am signing up for the next session that starts in two months. I already have a project in mind.